Welcome Everyone In the Baby Boomer Generation

There are 8 million of our generation called Baby Boomers in Canada and 80 million in the USA. We are the largest generation of children born and have influenced economics, education, government and the workplace since the late Forties. In fact, we saved the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company because we bought so many of them. We will continue to influence as we age and with the first of our generation hitting 65 this year we need to know what lies ahead. Through this site I hope to share some ideas and information that can answer those questions. I welcome your comments and suggestions but will remove anything that is detrimental to my readership as a whole. Lets have fun with this site and get informed together.
Thanks,
Dave

Monday, August 22, 2011

Can you really make money on line?

I've been trying for some time now to create a business on line but just haven't found the best way to go about it. Oh I've searched and Googled and clicked here and there on interesting side bar ads on other websites and blogs but have been disappointed each time because it gets confusing or you get up-sold at every turn of the page.

Yes I've looked at Clickbank and all its offerings and Commission Junction and on and on but each time I'm told you have to have Word Press (doesn't work well on a Mac) or you have to have this type of hosting or you have to have this kind of domain name or we'll create a website for you and the blah blah blah goes on and on.

Why do I want to earn money on line? Primarily, I'm close to retirement and I know I'm going to need to supplement my income just to make ends meet. I'm still working, for myself, in the printing business but its getting tougher to keep up to the pace and the technology and it will only become tougher. So, I need a new source of income so the missus and I aren't eating from dumpsters or pet food cans or living in our vehicle.  (That's maybe stretching it a bit but you know what I mean.)

I want to be able to offer a real service to internet searchers.  A product or service with real value that people really need and can afford. I'm tired of all the hypsters flogging one-click riches and five clicks to millions software. In fact its going to be interesting to see what pops up on the sidebars and in the ads that are shown on this page. Oh, these add content to my page but to date they haven't earned me a nickel. (that's five cents to you younger folks).

If Anyone out there has found something real that doesn't cost an arm or a leg and doesn't keep up-selling you all the time I'd be interested in hearing about it. You can comment at the bottom and I'll follow you if I think its worthwhile if not, I won't. That simple.  Till next time. Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment