Welcome Everyone In the Baby Boomer Generation

There are 8 million of our generation called Baby Boomers in Canada and 80 million in the USA. We are the largest generation of children born and have influenced economics, education, government and the workplace since the late Forties. In fact, we saved the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company because we bought so many of them. We will continue to influence as we age and with the first of our generation hitting 65 this year we need to know what lies ahead. Through this site I hope to share some ideas and information that can answer those questions. I welcome your comments and suggestions but will remove anything that is detrimental to my readership as a whole. Lets have fun with this site and get informed together.
Thanks,
Dave

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Classy Hotel with a real client relationship team

I was in Edmonton recently for a 3 day convention and annual general meeting and we were staying at the Mayfield Inn a venerable hotel in Edmonton's west end. We've stayed before and were always pleased. This time it was different. How you might ask. Well, from the time we checked in until we left everyone on staff was so friendly. I mean everyone from housekeeping to the front desk and everywhere in between. You just feel so appreciated and don't mind the upper end prices although they could adjust them a bit because a bowl of clam chowder and a beer for $15 bucks seems a bit steep. But its all worth it to pamper ourselves once in a while.

My Room
In any case here's another example of great customer service. On the first morning I noticed there was a leak at the top of my window and it was splashing down on the sill and onto the sheers that hung from floor to ceiling. On my way through the lobby to breakfast I stopped at the front desk and mentioned the leak. They thanked me and asked if it would be alright to go into my room to check and repair it. Of course I said yes.

I forgot about it until later in the evening after a full day of meetings when I returned to my room and discovered a nice tray of nachos, salsa and two cold Coronas in an ice bucket. There was a nice little note which I kept, thanking me for bringing the leak to their attention. The leak had been fixed and the carpet freshly vacuumed.  Do you think I'll be going back. Oh yeah. And, I'll be telling everyone I know about the great service. http://www.mayfieldinnedmonton.com/

Oh yes, we even did the Dinner Theatre on Thursday night. "The Groovy 70s II, Keep on Truckin" Was great and the food spectacular. I'll tell you more about the show later. Gotta run. Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment